The program aims to assist the federal government and selected states to incorporate mitigation and adaptation with regards to climate change into development strategies to enhance effectiveness. Emphasis is being placed on strengthening climate change governance at federal and state levels and expanding financing opportunities for climate projects.
- Strengthening the gas value chain to enhance service delivery to households, power and transportation
- Supporting agencies in delivering renewable energy services for households and SMEs;
- Working across NIAF projects to develop and implement measures that enhance resilience to growing climatic change;
- Work with state governments to develop and implement climate change response strategies (only a few states, like Lagos and Cross River, have clear action plans for tackling climate change) and
- Incorporate climate adaptation measures into NIAF projects in power, roads and effective cities.