The program aims to assist improved planning and management of the federal roads network, including over 1,500 bridges. This includes integration and consolidation of the entire road network data set in one central database. The program also includes large-scale repair and maintenance of selected local government area roads.
- Review and assessment of the reforms set out in the draft Road Reform Bill.
- Engagement with MDAs to define and design a Pavement Management System (PMS) for planning and prioritising maintenance of the road network.
- Providing support and technical assistance to FERMA in carrying out road network surveys and implementing the PMS
- Providing support and technical assistance to various state road authorities in building capacity to undertake the maintenance and upgrade of district roads
- Providing support and technical assistance to FMoW on improving the capability and capacity of their materials testing facilities.